Monday 20 October 2014

Week 1 #Banting




I started last week with this delish tikka Chicken and Gem Squash dish, and I haven’t cheated at all. I’m actually down in a week (not sure if this is real weight because I’ve been pee’ing way more than usual and not drinking that much more water). I don’t FEEL any different though. If anything, I’m more miserable dreaming about garlic bread and baguettes.


On the first day, I felt almost empty. I also realized how much I eat out of boredom / for the sake of it. I’d have a cup of Tea and immediately think of having a biscuit or a block of chocolate. When I realized I couldn’t, I was like, “ok, now what do I do with myself”

So post breakfast, I’d end up eating again at around 3 and I wouldn’t be hungry enough for dinner, meaning I effectively only eat 2 meals a day. I initially went by the book and found the quantities of butter and oil a bit excessive, so I was feeling heavy and nauseas. I’ve since toned it down.

For breakfast during the week, when I don’t want eggs, I have homemade nut granola with some double thick Greek yoghurt which is delish or Banting Bread with a bit of Kiri Medium Fat cream cheese. I’ve tried the smoothies but find them a bit too heavy.

So I’m almost 2 weeks in now and 2kg down, but I have been MISERABLE. It’s really really tough not eating carbs. The sugar I can deal with- as long as I don’t have biscuits or chocolate around me at home it’s fine. Carbs is much tougher, especially when I was so used to just having a quick slice of toast with peanut butter in the mornings. I had some banter with Serious Banters over Twitter and they said that if I’m planning to do this only for 2 months I shouldn’t bother starting, because I’ll end up reverting back to my sugar and carb addiction :/

If you’re stuck for a recipe or feel like something in particular, literally just google “low carb ___” (pizza base! cheesecake! biscuits!) and you will find that there is a low carb alternative for everything under the sun.



No comments:

Post a Comment